Imran Hasan for Councillor - Ward 11, Mississauga-Streetsville
What an amazing journey it has been! I am feeling very positive despite the outcome of the election which was not what we expected. The many words of encouragement I continue to receive the morning after, and well into this evening, have given me an unshakable sense of accomplishment. Team HASAN ran a strong campaign over the past 11 weeks. I did my best to be visible, accessible and responsive. This was not by any means an individual effort! Many dedicated volunteers who believed in my vision to bring about responsible change, and who generously gave me their time, made our team very strong. I will always remember your sacrifices and contributions! Thank you.
To the great people of Ward 11 (Mississauga-Streetsville), don't let disappointment in the election outcome get in the way of your continued participation in our democratic process. Stay engaged with our elected officials, and continue to raise the important local challenges and opportunities - the same way many of you shared your ideas, issues and concerns with me at the door. Together, we can bring sustainable, manageable and responsible change, something that is needed and that residents, businesses, and community stakeholders rightfully deserve.
The only way we can get to know our neighbours is to have a conversation. It is through such discussions that we can better understand each other and work together in building a safer, stronger and more vibrant community. I promise that, along with all of you, I will continue to help raise the profile for Ward 11 (Mississauga-Streetsville) over the next four years and beyond.
As I take down my lawn signs, the words of encouragement and cheers continue to come my way; I'm thinking that perhaps I should store the signs for another day….Progress will come for the hard working people of Ward 11 (Mississauga-Streetsville) area and I want to be in position to help lead the way.
I look forward to keeping in touch and reconnecting in the near future, perhaps at the local Bakery, Ice Cream Parlour, Barber Shop, The Village Square, Arena, Park, Christmas Parade, Farmer’s Market, Bread & Honey Festival, and all of the great public places in our community.
Our former Mayor (Her Worship) Hazel McCallion, put it best: “It has been said that life’s winners don’t always have the best of everything but they make the best of everything they have.” ― Hazel McCallion, Hurricane Hazel: A Life with Purpose
This is not the end, it is only a speed bump along this exciting journey; so let's make the best of what we have in this wonderful village-in-the-city!
All lawn signs were removed within (48) hours of the Municipal Election.
Kindly contact us if there were any missed inadvertently.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support.
Email: [email protected]
Hazel McCallion's Message
“I am impressed with Imran’s platform to boost the spirit of Streetsville and area” ~ Hazel McCallion
#local #mississauga #supportinglocal
This thanksgiving we were thankful for the Streetsville community spirit and for how open heartedly we gave back to our people in need!
- Established family business in Mississauga in 1983 (35 Years)
- Company Headquarters in Mississauga-Streetsville since 1993 (25 Years)
- Chair at Mississauga Board Of Trade (Growth & Power Committee)
- Member at Mississauga Board Of Trade (International Trade Committee)
- Member at Mississauga Board Of Trade (Business Awards Of Excellence Committee)
- Resident of Mississauga since 1991 (27 Years)
- Sponsor at Peel Regional Police (Race Against Racism)
- Sponsor at Carassauga Festival (Canada Pavilion)
- Member at Heritage Mississauga (The Credits Awards Gala Committee)
- Member at Royal Canadian Legion (Branch #139 Streetsville)
- Member at Mississauga Historical Society
- The Mississauga Food Bank
- The Compass Food Bank
- Twas The Bite Before Christmas
- Habitat For Humanity
- 100 Guys Who Care (Mississauga)
A vibrant group of communities which includes Streetsville, Credit Mills, Meadowvale Village, Meadowvale South, Credit Valley, Levi Creek and Meadowvale Business Park.
- Hwy 407, West to Erin Mills Parkway
- Erin Mills Parkway, South to Eglinton Avenue
- Eglinton Avenue, West to Mississauga Road (Credit River)
- Mississauga Road, North to Britannia Road
- Britannia Road, East to Mavis Road
- Mavis Road, North to Courtney Park Drive
- Courtney Park Drive, East to McLaughlin Road (Fletcher’s Creek)
- McLaughlin Rd, North to Hwy 407
Donations: DONATE HERE
Individual Limit: $1200
Voting Dates & Locations:
Appointment for Voting Proxy Form:
Acceptable Documents for Idenitification: